There is currently eleven National Park Service Site in Florida and one associated sites.
Official National Parks of Florida
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- Biscayne National Park
- Canaveral National Seashore
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument
- De Soto National Memorial
- Dry Tortugas National Park
- Everglades National Park
- Fort Caroline National Memorial
- Fort Matanzas National Monument
- Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve
Associated sites of Florida
- Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor
Florida National Parks
Big Cypress National Preserve
Biscayne National Park
Canaveral National Seashore
Castillo de San Marcos National Monument
De Soto National Memorial
Dry Tortugas National Park
Everglades National Park
Fort Caroline National Memorial
Fort Matanzas National Monument
Gulf Islands National Seashore
Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve
Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor
The Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor covers the Atlantic coastal region of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The area focuses on protecting the Gullah-Geechee people and culture. The Gullah-Geechee people are descendend from West African slaves forced to work in the cotton fields, rice paddies, and indigo plantations.
Visitors can explore the unique culture thru seveal museums, historical churches and schoolhouse and the remains of plantations. There are 79 Atlantic barrier island in the area. Charles Pinckney National Historic Site is located in the region.
Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor was created in October 12, 2006.
View all the National Park Service Sites in neighboring states:
- National Parks of Alabama
- National Parks of Georgia
- National Parks of Puerto Rico
- National Parks of Virgin Islands
Jennifer has been obsessed with national parks as a child. This Tennessee native spent her childhood exploring the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and traveling with her parents to National Parks and around the Caribbean. She is always planning her next adventure and is ready to see the world while trying to visit all 59 National Park (*She is ignoring the hunk of concrete that just became a national park).