Want to share your national park knowledge with the internet? National Park Obsessed accepts guest posts from fellow national park lovers or travel bloggers.
We are currently looking for posts in the following areas.
One Day in ________ Series
We are looking for a one day guide (or half day for some of the smaller sites) to your favorite national monument, battlefield, military parks, historic sites, historical parks, memorials. Basically, any site not already covered on National Park Obsessed or a national park. Drop us an email at NationalParkObsessed@gmail.com and we can discuss your ideas. Please put “One Day National Park Obsessed” in the Subject Line. Check to see if your site has been covered.
Posts should be similar to:
Hiking Trail Guide Series
As much as we love to hike, there are thousands of miles of hiking trails, we will never be able to hike. We would love for you to share your experience with any national park hiking trail. Drop us an email at NationalParkObsessed@gmail.com and we can discuss your ideas. Please put “Hiking Guide National Park Obsessed” in the Subject Line. Check to see if your hike has been covered.
Posts should be similar to:
- Hiking Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail in Bryce Canyon National Park
- A Complete Guide to Hiking Angels Landing in Zion National Park
We are open to other guides and post idea. Drop us an email at NationalParkObsessed@gmail.com and we can discuss your ideas. Please put “Guest Post National Park Obsessed” in the Subject Line.
General Writing Guidelines
- We are looking for a minimum of 1500 words
- Please proofread for grammatical errors and sentence structure.
- All articles must be original content. They must not have been posted previously anywhere on the internet.
- Make sure to include a bio for the bottom of the post with all your social media accounts and your travel blog linked so we can promote your article and you.
- Please send a headshot to go with your article and that should also be 800x minimum.
- You are welcome to include 1 link to a post on your own website.
- Please submit 5-8 relevant photos with your blog post. Ideally, I prefer high-quality landscape/horizontal images. If you don’t have an appropriate photo, I can often provide one from my own visits.
- Please send them via email to NationalParkObsessed@gmail.com either as a direct attachment
- Please name them property so the proper naming for the keyword “One Day in Yellowstone” would be Yellowstone-Old-Faithful [for example]. This will help me know where to place the images!
- I retain the right to switch out images if necessary. Please do not be offended.
- Images submitted may be used in the creation of Pinterest pins for the post and shared on Pinterest and other social media.
- I may put affiliate links in your article.
- I may edit things for better search engine optimization.
- I may change things around such as ordering or photo placement
- I may add my own links within the article if they fit naturally
- I will NOT remove your two do-follow links
- I WILL promote your article on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and more!
Note Copywriters and companies: These guidelines are not for copywriters or sponsored posts. This is for individuals and fellow travel bloggers who want to share their personal stories, photos, videos with a wider audience. For companies wishing to advertise with us, please visit our advertising page.
Don’t try to fake it, we will know by the link that you are asking for and if you waste our time, we won’t be returning your email.