Planning a trip to Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve and need some help planning your trip?
Here is the National Park Obsessed guide for visiting Acadia National Park, Alaska..
- The Quick Guide to Visiting Denali National Park National Park and Preserve
- Map of Denali National Park and Preserve
- Acadia National Park Basics
- Land Acknowledgment
- When was Zion National Park Created?
- Fun Facts about Denali National Park and Preserve
- When to Visit Denali National Park and Preserve
- How to Get to Denali National Park and Preserve
- How Much Time Should I Spend Visiting Denali National Park?
- Things to do in Denali National Park
- Places to Stay Near Denali National Park
- Where to stamp your National Parks Passport Book?
- What to Pack for Denali National Park?
- Denali National Park Gift Ideas
- National Park Obsessed’s Detailed Guides to Denali National Park
- National Parks Near Denali National Park
- Pin for Later: Visiting Denali National Park National Park and Preserve: The Complete Guide
The Quick Guide to Visiting Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve
Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Basics
Region: Alaska / West / Pacific / Pacific Northwest
Total Size: 3,281,789 acres (5,128 sq miles) (13,281 sq km)
Park Size: 3,223,383 acres (82.00 sq miles) (13,045 sq km)
Preserve Size: 58,406.00 acres (91.26 sq miles) (236.36 sq km)
Location: Hoonah-Angoon Census Area and Yakutat City and Borough
Closest Cities: Juneau, Alaska
Busy Season: May to September
Visitation: 672,087 (in 2019)
How much does Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Cost?
Glacier Bay National Park does not charge an entrance fee:
When is Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Open?
Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve is open year-round.
Are dogs allowed in Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve?
Yes, pets are welcome in Glacier Bay National Park but are only allowed on land in a few places. They are basically limited to the are in Bartlett Cove and aboard vessels . Please review the Glacier Bay Pet Policy before bringing your dog to Glacier Bay.
Where are Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve’s visitor centers?
Glacier Bay Lodge and Center – Summer Season
Glacier Bay Visitor Information Center – Summer Season
Yakutat District Ranger Office – Open Year Round
Land Acknowledgments for Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve
The National Park known as Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve sits on Michif Piyii (Métis), Lingít Aaní (Tlingit), Dënéndeh land.
Thank you to the Native Land Digital for making the Indigenous territories accessible to all. They have mapped the known territories to the best of the current knowledge and is a work in progress. If you have additional information on the Indigenous nations boundaries, please let them know.
Native Land Digital is a registered Canadian not-for-profit organization with the goal to creates spaces where non-Indigenous people can be invited and challenged to learn more about the lands they inhabit, the history of those lands, and how to actively be part of a better future going forward together.