Planning a trip to Yosemite National Park and need some help planning your trip?
Here is the National Park Obsessed guide for visiting Yosemite National Park, California.
- The Quick Guide to Visiting Denali National Park National Park and Preserve
- Map of Denali National Park and Preserve
- Acadia National Park Basics
- Land Acknowledgment
- When was Zion National Park Created?
- Fun Facts about Denali National Park and Preserve
- When to Visit Denali National Park and Preserve
- How to Get to Denali National Park and Preserve
- How Much Time Should I Spend Visiting Denali National Park?
- Things to do in Denali National Park
- Places to Stay Near Denali National Park
- Where to stamp your National Parks Passport Book?
- What to Pack for Denali National Park?
- Denali National Park Gift Ideas
- National Park Obsessed’s Detailed Guides to Denali National Park
- National Parks Near Denali National Park
- Pin for Later: Visiting Denali National Park National Park and Preserve: The Complete Guide
The Quick Guide to Visiting Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park Basics
Region: Pacific-West / West Coast / Pacific
Park Size: 748,436 acres (1,169.43 sq miles) (3,028.81 sq km)
Location: Tuolumne, Mariposa, Mono, and Madera counties
Closest Cities: Mariposa, California
Busy Season: May to October
Visitation: 4,422,861 (in 2019)
How much does Yosemite National Park Cost?
Yosemite National Park costs the following:
- 7-day Passenger Vehicle Pass – $35
- 7-day Motorcycle Pass – $30
- 7-day Individual Pass – $20
An annual Yosemite National Park Pass costs $70 but it is not recommended you buy this pass. For an extra $10 you can get an American the Beautiful Pass. This $80 pass offers free admission to all 116 fee-charging National Park Units.
When is Yosemite National Park Open?
Yosemite National Park is open year-round, but some roads will close for winter.
Are dogs allowed in Yosemite National Park?
Yes, pets are welcome in Yosemite National Park but are limited to developed areas such as roads, parking areas, picnic areas, and some campgrounds. Pets are not allowed on the trails in the park. Please review the Yosemite Pet Policy before bringing your dog to Yosemite.
Where are Yosemite National Park’s visitor centers?
Yosemite Valley Visitor Center – Open Year Around
Yosemite Museum – Open Year Around
Happy Isles Art and Nature Center – Open April to October
Yosemite Conservation Heritage Center – Open May to September
Ansel Adams Gallery – Open Year Around
Pioneer Yosemite History Center – Open Year Around
Land Acknowledgments for Yosemite National Park
The National Park known as Yosemite National Park sits on Northern Paiute, Western Mono/Monache, Me-Wuk (Southern Sierra Miwok), and Me-Wuk (Central Sierra Miwok) land.
Thank you to the Native Land Digital for making the Indigenous territories accessible to all. They have mapped the known territories to the best of the current knowledge and is a work in progress. If you have additional information on the Indigenous nations boundaries, please let them know.
Native Land Digital is a registered Canadian not-for-profit organization with the goal to creates spaces where non-Indigenous people can be invited and challenged to learn more about the lands they inhabit, the history of those lands, and how to actively be part of a better future going forward together.