Post Summary: Yosemite National Park Timed Entrance Reservations
Yosemite National Park has announced that they will be doing day-us entry reservations for summer 2021. These entry reservation will be required for visits from May 21 to September 30.
This information is accurate as of April 8, 2021 and is subject to change.
- Do you need a Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations?
- Other Important Information about the Yosemite Entry Permits
- How do you get a Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations?
- Visiting other National Park in Summer 2021?
- Final Thoughts on the Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations
- Pin for Later: Yosemite National Park Entry Permits: What you need to know for Summer 2021
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you! Read the full disclosure policy here
Do you need a Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations?
If you have camping or lodging reservations inside Yosemite National Park, you do NOT need a Yosemite Entrance Reservation. These include:
- Upper Pines, Lower Pines, or North Pines Campgrounds, Camp 4, Wawona Campground, Bridalveil Creek Campground, or Tuolumne Meadows Campground
- Curry Village, Housekeeping Camp, Yosemite Valley Lodge, The Ahwahnee, or the Wawona Hotel
- Private lodging or vacation rental reservation in Wawona, Yosemite West, or Foresta
If you have a reservation at any of the camping or lodging options listed here you will get a overnight vehicle permit that will valid for the duration of your reservation or three consecutive days (whichever is longer).
If you have a wilderness permit or Half Dome permit, you do NOT need a Yosemite Entrance Reservation. You will get a overnight vehicle permit that will valid for the duration of your reservation or three consecutive days (whichever is longer). Wilderness permits will be allowed entry the day before and camp at the backpackers campground.
If you have a reservation for Yosemite Area Regional Transporation System (YARTS) or with an authorized tour group, you do not need an additional reservation or permit.
You do NOT need an entry permit to enter on bicycle, on foot, or on horseback.
Other Important Information about the Yosemite Entry Permits
- Permits are expected sell out within a few minutes of being released. So you need to be ready to purchase at the time they are released.
- There is a $2 service fee per reservation .
- Yosemite Entry fee
- Entrance fee – $35 per vehicle per day
- Yosemite Annual Pass – $70
- America the Beautiful (The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Passes) – $80
- If you have an American the Beautiful Pass or Yosemite Annual Pass be sure to specify you have a pass.
- Yosemite Entry fee
- One reservation per vehicle.
- Entry permits are valid for 3 consecutive days. For example, if your permit starts at June 4. You can enter the park on June 4, 5 and 6.
- Tickets are good for unlimited entry.
- Tickets must be printed or downloaded.
- Entry permits do NOT guarantee parking.
How do you get a Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations?
Yosemite National Park Entry Permits are obtained from Recreation.gov for visits from May 21 to September 30. One permit per vehicle.
Park capacity will be capped at 75 to 85% of the parking capacity.
Advanced Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations
Advanced Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations are released in blocks from April 21 to May 12 at 8 am PT. These ticket reservations can be made at Recrecation.gov.
Permits are release dates:
- May 21 – June 30, 2021 permits are released on April 21, 2021
- July 1 – July 31, 2021 permits are released on April 28, 2021
- August 1 – August 31, 2021 permits are released on May 5, 2021
- September 1 – September 30, 2021 permits are released on May 12, 2021
Seven Day In Advance Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations
I’m still working this out as the Yosemtie information is a little unclear at the moment. But it appears a second block of permits will be released 7 days in advance.
These tickets will be shown as “Not Yet Released” on the Recreation.gov website or app until they become available.
Visiting other National Park in Summer 2021?
Here is a list of other parks requiring special entry reservations or special permits for 2021.
- Glacier National Park Going-to-the-Sun Road Ticketed Entry – COMING SOON
- Rocky Mountain National Park Timed Entry
- Yosemite National Park Entry Reservations
- Zion National Park Shuttle Ticket
Final Thoughts on the Yosemite National Park Entrance Reservations
I hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any questions or comments let me know in the comments below.